At Robert Myers Associates we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We aim to be transparent and always share how we collect or use personal data. We will aim to keep this information up to date and keep you informed.
The personal data we collect will be the information that you provide and could include your name, address, phone numbers and email address and may also include information about you obtained from emails, letters or other information you provide to us. We may also obtain personal data from publicly available services such as Companies House and credit reference agencies. We may also collect information about your usage of our website.
HOW WE MAY PROCESS AND USE DATA
- Where you enquire about becoming or where you become a client of ours, the basis for our processing of your personal data will be to enter into and perform the contract between you and us.
- Where you sign up for one or more of our newsletters, the basis for our processing of your personal data will be your consent which you will have given at that time – but will be free to withdraw at any time.
- We may from time to time send you information about events we are holding or other matters that we believe will be of interest to you. The basis for our processing of your personal data there will be legitimate interest and/or your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may employ other companies to provide services for us. These companies will have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and not for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your details to credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
- We employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires, taking into account the nature of the information and purpose for which it has been obtained and is used or held.
- By registering with us to receive one of our email update services or instructing us in connection with any matter or using any service on our website, you consent to the collection, use and processing of your information under the terms of this policy.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time – just email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to access information held about you and the right to request that information be deleted or corrected (as appropriate). You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
- The Information Commissioner’s Office is the UK’s supervisory authority for privacy and data protection matters – for more information visit www.ico.org.uk/concerns/
YOU CAN CONTACT US AT